This course covers most of the common behaviour issues an owner/handler will encounter with an untrained or poorly trained dog.
- Introduction to dog behavior problems
- Common causes of behavior problems
- How dogs learn
- Causes of pulling on the lead
- Approaches to solving lead pulling
- Causes of poor recall
- Training good recall
- Bad behavior with visitors
- Causes of bad behavior with visitors
- Training good behavior with visitors
- Problems with dogs on furniture
- Training dogs’ use of furniture
- Reasons for begging
- Prevention and treatment of begging
- Causes of surface stealing
- Approaches to preventing surface stealing
- The causes of chewing
- Strategies to prevent chewing
- Reasons for barking
- Preventing and treating of excessive barking
- Causes of inappropriate elimination
- Approaches to prevent inappropriate elimination
- Reasons for attention seeking
- Treating attention seeking
- Conclusion to solving dog behavior problems
Study Level 2/3
The study Level relates to how demanding the course is. 1 is a beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
4 Module Course
This course is delivered in 4 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification.
Fees: Including VAT
Full Course Fee – R7150 (includes registration and 4 modules)
Pay as you learn option – R1750 registration (once off) and R1400 per module.